District's Safety & Security Committee
In accordance with guidelines established by the Texas School Safety Center, each school district shall establish a school Safety and Security Committee.
The committee shall:
(1) participate on behalf of the district in developing and implementing emergency plans consistent with the district multihazard emergency operations plan required by Section 37.108(a) to ensure that the plans reflect specific campus, facility, or support services needs;
(2) periodically provide recommendations to the district's board of trustees and district administrators regarding updating the district multihazard emergency operations plan required by Section 37.108(a) in accordance with best practices identified by the agency, the Texas School Safety Center, or a person included in the registry established by the Texas School Safety Center under Section 37.2091;
(3) provide the district with any campus, facility, or support services information required in connection with a safety and security audit required by Section 37.108(b), a safety and security audit report required by Section 37.108(c), or another report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center;
(4) review each report required to be submitted by the district to the Texas School Safety Center to ensure that the report contains accurate and complete information regarding each campus, facility, or support service in accordance with criteria established by the center; and
(5) consult with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses.
The committee shall meet at least once during each academic semester and at least once during the summer.
SAFETY & SECURITY COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2022-2023
Troy Gregg Paige DoByns Daniel Ruddick
Mark Gose Randy Brown Tammy Mathews
John Galloway Tracy Taylor Charlie Mann
Jamie Mitchell Jessica Bull Aaron Tefertiller
Tony Vo Kirk Blakesley Jordan Burgan
Jason Swick Jeremy Coldwell Brandy Mayfield